... Red flag warning in effect from 9 am to 9 PM MDT Monday for
thunderstorms and gusty winds southeast Idaho fire weather zone
413 below 5000ft...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 9 am to 9 PM MDT Monday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 413 below 5000ft.
* Wind... gusts over 30 mph possible.
* Thunderstorms... scattered or greater coverage.
* Initially... storms will be dry. However... they will
transition to a mixture of wet and dry by late Monday evening
with gusty winds still a potential risk.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Fires may experience
rapid rates of growth. Please advise the appropriate officials or
fire crews in the field of the red flag warning for portions of
... Record high temperature set at Stanley ID...
a record high temperature of 91 degrees was set at Stanley ID
today. This breaks the old record of 89 set in 1992.