Big and Little Wood River Region
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MDT Monday
above 7000 feet...
A Winter Storm Warning above 7000 feet for heavy snow and blowing
snow remains in effect until 6 PM MDT Monday.
* Timing... snow will begin to fall this morning increasing this
afternoon and becoming heavy at times tonight and continuing
through the day Monday.
* Main impact... snow accumulating from 12 to 18 inches and strong
winds will produce areas of blowing and drifting snow primarily
over mountain passes.
* Locations include... Copper Basin... Smiley creek Lodge...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
... Flood Watch remains in effect from 6 PM MDT this evening
through Monday afternoon...
The Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of central Idaho... including the following area... big
and little Wood River region. This includes the cities of
haily... Ketchum... Sun Valley... Bellevue and Carey.
* From 6 PM MDT this evening through Monday afternoon
* a wet Pacific storm system will bring moderate to heavy rain.
Rain on existing snow pack will compound the flooding
* Flooding on small streams and low lying areas is possible.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.