... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 am MST Monday
above 6000 feet...
A Winter Storm Warning above 6000 feet for snow and blowing snow remains
in effect until 5 am MST Monday.
* Timing... through 5 am Monday.
* Main impact... 6 to 12 inches of snow above 6000 feet with nearly
two feet possible above 7000 feet.
* Locations include... Galena Summit... Smiley creek Lodge...
Willow Creek Summit.
* Other impacts... blowing and drifting snow possible overnight.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will
make travel very hazardous or impossible.
700 am MST sun Dec 21 2014
... The Sawtooth National Forest avalanche center... Sun Valley Idaho has
continued a backcountry avalanche warning...
* timing... in effect until 730 am MST Monday.
* Location... for the Soldier... smoky... Boulder... and sawtooth
ranges. This includes the mountains near Fairfield..Ketchum...
Galena Summit... Smiley creek and Stanley.
* Reason... heavy snowfall... rain and strong winds will produce
widespread high avalanche danger. Some avalanches will be large
and destructive and may reach valley floors.
Natural and human triggered avalanches are likely. Avoid travel
and recreation in or below avalanche terrain. Backcountry
skiers... snowboarders... snowmobilers and other users should be
aware of sloping terrain and avoid avalanche path runout areas.
Use extreme caution.
This warning does not apply to controlled ski areas or Highway operations.
Updates to The Sawtooth avalanche center bulletin may be found at
Transmitted at the request of The Sawtooth National Forest
avalanche center... Sun Valley Idaho.
Weather information on-line 24-hours a day
(all lower-case letters)
... Record precipitation set at Burley ID...
the Burley Airport reported 0.25 inches of rain today. This beats
the previous record of 0.21 inches set in 2002.