... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this
* Snow accumulations: 6 to 12 inches above 5500 feet. 6 inches
or less are expected down to 4000 foot elevations.
* Timing: now through this evening. Snowfall rates will be
highest this morning. Snow levels will continue to fall
through this evening.
* Locations include: portions of Highway 58 at and near Willamette
Pass, portions of Highway 138 between Diamond Lake Junction and
Chemult, and Crater Lake National Park.
* Winds: northwest with gust 20 to 40 mph. At exposed locations
such as ridge tops... mountain passes... and on The Crater Lake
Rim. This will result in some blowing and drifting snow...
primarily above the 6000 foot elevation level.
* Impacts: travelers should expect snow on roadways in the
advisory area today... primarily in Crater Lake National
Park... on portions of Highway 58 and 138... and in the Diamond
Lake area. Those traveling in this area should be prepared for
winter driving conditions. Those venturing outdoors should be
prepared for wintry weather.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while