... Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 PM
PDT this evening for combination of strong winds and low relative
humidities on existing fires for fire weather zones 624 and 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 PM
PDT this evening.
* Affected area: fire weather zones 624 and 625... including the
Fremont Winema National Forest and adjacent deserts to the east.
* Wind... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Minimum humidities... 20 to 25 percent.
* Timing: a cold front will move through late this morning and
winds will become west and increase this afternoon. Strong winds
will continue into the evening then diminish.
* Impacts... strong winds could cause existing fires to spread
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. These conditions will
contribute to extreme fire behavior.