... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM
PDT this evening for increased thunderstorm activity...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM PDT
this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area:
in northern CA fire zone... .285.
In south central or fire zones... 624... 625.
In southwest or fire zone... .623.
* Counties affected: in northern CA... Modoc County. In south
central or... Jackson... Klamath and lake counties.
* Thunderstorms... thunderstorm activity will develop again and
become scattered over the watch area Monday afternoon and
* Outflow winds... wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph are possible.
* Impacts... dry lightning will be possible outside of the wet
cores. Multiple new fire starts from lightning strikes could
pose a threat to life and property... and may overwhelm initial
* View the hazard area in detail at
* impacts: increasing thunderstorm activity will create erratic
fire behavior and new fire starts.
Abundant lightning on existing very dry fuels could cause
numerous new fire ignitions. Gusty and erratic outflow winds could
also create explosive fire growth potential.