Northern and Eastern Klamath County and Western Lake County
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1 PM Friday to 4 am PST
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM Friday to
10 am PST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 1 PM Friday to 4 am
PST Saturday. A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect
from 1 PM Friday to 10 am PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 5 to 8 inches expected across much of
Klamath County and into the higher terrain in Lake County. Areas
in southeast Klamath County and into the valleys in Lake County
are expected to receive 3 to 6 inches.
* Timing: light snow could start as early as 10 am PST Friday
morning. However most accumulating snow is expected from 2
PM Friday afternoon through 4 am PST Saturday morning.
Additional light snow is likely through 10 am PST Saturday.
* Locations in the warning area include: Altamont... Klamath
Falls... Beatty... Bly... Chemult... Crescent... Gilchrist... Sprague
* Locations in the advisory area include: Merrill... Bonanza... and
* Winds: southwest 10 to 20 mph becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph
late Friday night.
* Impacts: all roadways will be impacted by low density
snowfall.Due to very cold temperatures in place... snow will
accumulate and persist on all surfaces unless plowed. Where
snow is compacted... slippery conditions will develop.
Highways 97... 140... 395... and 66 are among the roadways
that will be affected. It's strongly recommended people be
prepared for hazardous conditions.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
... Record low temperature set at Montague CA...
a record low temperature of 2 degrees was set at Montague CA
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 9 set in 1972.