... High Wind Warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to 11 PM
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 PM this evening to 11 PM PDT
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 11 PM PDT
Saturday. A Wind Advisory has also been issued. This Wind
Advisory is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 11 PM PDT
Saturday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Timing... this evening through Saturday evening.
* Locations in the warning area include: Paisley... Silver
Lake... Hart Mountain wildlife Refuge... Bly... Beatty.
* Locations in the advisory area include: Lakeview.
* Impacts... Highway 31 between Silver Lake and Paisley and Highway
140 east of Lakeview will be impacted. These winds can cause travel
difficulties... especially for high profile vehicles. In
addition... since it is still hunting season... hunters should be
aware that winds will be even stronger in the surrounding
mountains. This could bring down branches and cause trees to
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is
expected. Sustained wind speeds of at least 50 mph or gusts of
75 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra