... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
evening. A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
* Winds... southwest 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph.
* Timing... now through this evening. Winds will be strongest late
this morning into this afternoon.
* Locations in the warning area include: Paisley... Silver
Lake... Hart Mountain wildlife Refuge... Bly... Beatty.
* Locations in the advisory area include: Lakeview.
* Impacts... Highway 31 between Silver Lake and Paisley and
Highway 140 east of Lakeview will be impacted. These winds
can cause travel difficulties... especially for high profile
vehicles. In addition... since it is still hunting season...
hunters should be aware that winds will be even stronger in
the surrounding mountains. This could bring down branches
and cause trees to fall.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is
expected. Sustained wind speeds of at least 50 mph or gusts of
75 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra