... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM PDT this
evening for wind and low relative humidity across fire weather
zones or641 and wa641...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity... which is in effect
from noon today to 8 PM PDT this evening.
* Affected area... in orz641... fire weather zone 641 lower
Columbia Basin of Oregon. In waz641... fire weather zone 641
lower Columbia Basin of Washington.
* Timing... main wind rh threats will be between 2 PM through 6
PM... but may linger in some areas.
* Winds... west 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 20 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of winds, low humidity, and
critically dry fuels may result in rapid fire spread.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.