Ochoco-John Day Highlands
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday
for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across fire
weather zones or610... or611... or640... or642 and or644...
A red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT Saturday.
* Affected area... in orz610... fire weather zone 610 east slopes
of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611... fire weather zone 611
Deschutes National Forest. In orz640... fire weather zone 640
central mountains of Oregon. In orz642... fire weather zone 642
southern blue and Strawberry mountains. In orz644... fire
weather zone 644 central Blue Mountains.
* Timing... scattered thunderstorms will develop again each
afternoon and evening through Saturday.
* Thunderstorms... some of the thunderstorms could produce
erratic winds with gusts to 40 mph and pea to Marble size
* Precipitation... there will be a mix of wet and dry
thunderstorms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch
to over one quarter inch of rain possible.
* Lightning activity level... 3 to locally 4 through Saturday.
* Impacts... frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may
result in numerous fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.