... Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday afternoon...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of western Washington... including the following
counties... Skagit... Whatcom... King... Lewis... Pierce...
* Through Friday afternoon
* in the short term... flooding continues on parts of the
Snoqualmie... Snohomish... and the Puyallup river near Orting.
* The next concern is a vigorous frontal system that will bring
another 3 to 5 inches of rain to the Olympics and Cascades
tonight through Thursday night. Locally higher amounts over 7
inches are possible in the north Cascades through Friday
afternoon. The snow level will be 5500 to 7000 feet... falling
Monitor the weather and be ready to act quickly if flooding is
observed or more warnings are issued.
... Wind Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am PST
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am PST
* Some affected locations... the north coast... Whatcom County... the
San Juan Islands... and the Admiralty Inlet area including Port
Townsend and Whidbey Island.
* Timing... winds will increase this evening... then begin
diminishing afterm midnight.
* Wind... south to southeast wind 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 45
mph. Winds may gust to 50 mph around the San Juan Islands.
* Impacts... winds of this speed can break off tree limbs and
topple weak trees... potentially causing power outages.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph
and/or gusts of 45 to 57 mph are likely.