West Slopes Northern Cascades and Passes
... The Flood Warning remains in effect until 445 PM PDT Thursday for
north central Snohomish County...
* Flood Warning for the North Fork stillaguamish river east of the
State Route 530 slide in north central Snohomish County...
* until 445 PM PDT April 24.
* Flooding continues on the North Fork of the stillaguamish river
upstream of the sr 530 slide due to debris from the State Route
530 slide partially blocking the river and the resulting pooling
of water behind the debris dam. We will be updating the Flood
Warning on a day to day basis.
* Showers will pass through the Oso area this evening with heavier
precipitation falling Wednesday night through Thursday morning. Up
to 1 inch of rain may fall over this period which may result in
0.5 to 1 foot rises on the North Fork of the stillaguamish river
from near Arlington eastward to the slide.
* At 430 PM PDT Tuesday... the North Fork of the stillaguamish river
near Arlington was at 4.8 feet or 3100 cfs. The North Fork of the
stillaguamish near Oso was at 216.7 feet... or 2115 cfs.
* At 430 PM PDT Monday... the elevation of the slide pool to the east
of the sr 530 landslide was 282.7 feet. There continues to be a
great amount of uncertainty in the forecast pool elevation due in
part to limited knowledge of how much water the new stream channel
through the slide debris will be able to convey.
A Flood Warning means flooding is occurring or imminent. Most flood
related deaths occur in automobiles. Do not attempt to cross water
covered bridges... dips... or low water crossings. Never try to cross a
flowing stream... even a small one... on foot. To escape rising water
move up to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 4825 12181 4829 12185 4829 12177 4829 12166
4824 12165 4826 12174